Anyone saw this?

1. #21 by Luc Henrion on 12-03-2016
    still... 5 years is a lot in this world. I think it would be about time for an "MKII" of our current console... NAMM or Frankfurt ?
  2. #22 by Anton Harris on 12-03-2016
    - Scott Bolt wrote View Post
    Direct to Disk is becoming a standard option on all consoles (as it really should be in this class of mixer). I would really like to see Behringer create their own expansion card with tight integration into their console firmware and external software for this purpose.

It is really the only feature I find lacking in the X32 series.

As for the new Presonus model....

How is the off-line editor?
    How does it sound?
    Stage box?
    Monitor integration (P16?)
    Android support?
    Other family members (lower than 32 channels)?

Behringer has put lots of time and effort in building a product line (not just a mixer) with a solid infrastructure around it. IMO Presonus is still 5 years out from that point. In another 5 years, I would be very surprised if Behringer were still in the same place waiting on them (and others) to catch up.
    Sorry ...... can't hear you for the hiss of the pres ...

3. #23 by Alan Butterworth on 12-25-2016
    - Glenn Adams wrote View Post
    My other rigs are all remote touchscreen with all the I/O on stage too.

BUT if you are going to redesign a console with a physical control surface why oh why would you ever leave the I/O in it?
    Hey Glenn.......Roland did that almost more than 15 years ago....remember the VM7000 series. I saw one again about three years ago. For a 15 year old control surface, they got a lot of things right......including having the faders copy the pan position (down = L, Up=R).

I agree, the StudioLive looks interesting...assignable user layer, assignable fat channel, 32 faders to match inputs.....I find layering over even in banks of 2 x 16 tiring during a live performance since it requires more stuff to keep in your head. Digital mixers are great for lots of things...weight, compression on inputs, recall of settings...but equally I still find them frustrating for the number of menus, pages, layers etc. It all comes down to what your application is.

Al
  4. #24 by Alan Butterworth on 12-27-2016
    I've been following the StudioLive Series III for about a month since finding out about it. A couple of years ago I moved back to a Yamaha O2R since thy were cheap as chips. They're still great mixers probably for a fixed venue, but once you put them in a flightcase, they're at least a 2-man lift. And of course, you still need a fair bit of rack gear to get near what the X32 offer....and then there's the analogue snake. Like I said, I haven't been here for almost a couple of years so it's really refreshing to see X-Edit 3.1...which I've just had a play with. It's really come of age and works! That's why I've just ordered a X32 RACK, a SD16 and the Cymatic X32 card.......and still have a little change left over from 2K. I was going to go with an X32 Core and 2 x SD16, but since one of the SD16 will live in a rack along with the wireless mics (all pre-wired), I figured it would make more sense to have a RACK there for the times I might need to use the AUX jack IN/OUTS. If I find I need an application that needs more stage inputs, then I can always order another SD16. The things that swayed it for me was the USER bank on X-EDIT......sizeable windows.....the four P16-monitoring outs on the SD16 (will be great for studio recording if I ever buy the P16 units....as it is the 8 analogue outs into a headphone amplifier will suffice for now).....the price of the CYMATIC X32....

I better go and check out the Android app and see what development has been made there. I remember at the time I was doind a Bluestacks kludge to run it on the touchscreen laptop.....too many problems doing that...As it is X-Edit is probably there now so I may not need it.

Any advice you guys wanna share with someone who's just got off a desert island after two years to get me back up to speed?
  5. #25 by Alan Butterworth on 12-27-2016
    I posted a lengthy reply to my own post but I think its disappeared....oh well after a long absence of about two years, a flirtation with Yamaha O2Rdesks, I've just ordered an X32 RACK, an SD16 and the CYMATIC X32 card. With a little change from 2K, I think it will fit a bit better than the StudioLive Series III and it was really the update of X-Edit 3 that swung it. User banks, sizeable windows, it works! These were all important in being able to use it with a tablet / touchscreen PC so much that having inputs on stage and in the rack (the X32 will live in a rack alongside the wireless receivers) are more important than the tactile nature of the desk. The P16 monitoring etc was a bonus. Th CYMATIC X32 means I can leave the rack recorders at home too. The ability to easily tap into the signal and send it somewhere else means if I need to plan redundancy into the live recordings, it seems the X32 series makes this so easy.

Al
  6. #26 by Paul Vannatto on 12-27-2016
    Hi Alan,

Welcome to the forum (or welcome back). Your posts have to be approved (for the first 5 posts) and I just noticed them. That is why it seemed to have disappeared.

Glad to hear that you chose the X32 Rack (my favorite). You definitely won't be disappointed. Regarding the android app, David has come a long way with his Mixing Station and the pro version is well worth the meager payment.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-963-1300 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at care@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  7. #27 by Scott Bolt on 12-27-2016
    - Paul Vannatto wrote View Post
    Hi Alan,

Welcome to the forum (or welcome back). Your posts have to be approved (for the first 5 posts) and I just noticed them. That is why it seemed to have disappeared.

Glad to hear that you chose the X32 Rack (my favorite). You definitely won't be disappointed. Regarding the android app, David has come a long way with his Mixing Station and the pro version is well worth the meager payment.
    Amen brother Paul

I think Paul and I got some of the first X32 Racks off the boat here in the US. Still loving my X32 Rack and can't say enough good things about it.

This new Presonus does again show that the direct to disk recording is now standard equipment in digital mixers at this price point.
  8. #28 by Uli Behringer on 12-27-2016

SD Recording Interface

Dear all,

first of all we wish you a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year.

We have good news for you as we are about to roll out an SD Direct Recording Card for our X32/M32 Series in the very near future.

Uli

Uli Behringer
    Chief Disruptor
    MUSIC
  9. #29 by Raphael Becker-Foss on 12-27-2016
    Great news! I am very sorry for Cymatic but that results in a cancellation of my order.

Ps.: And of course, Merry Xmas to you as well! Thanks for that great console. I don't think I am exaggerating when I say that in providing me a more than capable tool on a budget that I could afford when I started out, leading me towards a job that I deeply enjoy, it did indeed changed my life.

10. #30 by Ryan Finch on 12-27-2016
    - Uli Behringer wrote View Post
    Dear all,

first of all we wish you a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year.

We have good news for you as we are about to roll out an SD Direct Recording Card for our X32/M32 Series in the very near future.

Uli
    Is this card going to come stock with all new purchases of the x32 family of mixers?

Do you want me to go beat up the Cymatic people for stepping on your turf? I'll rough them up good and hard if it helps my Music Group street cred...